Take the Pink Pledge
- Set up a laptop at the school entrance and take names as students come in
- For every student who signs up, enter their name into a raffle for a prize
- Call up local stores and see if they’ll donate a gift card for the winner
Run a poster campaign
- Put up Day of Pink posters
- Contact PFLAG, Kids Help Phone, and Youthline to get other posters for free!
- Invite art classes to design posters
Host a discussion at lunch or after school about bullying and discrimination
- Invite a guest speaker to talk about bullying
- Host a discussion with your principal about bullying in your school
- Take notes and talk about how you think we can better fight bullying and discrimination. Send them to us!
Organize an anti-bullying and diversity themed movie night
- Check out movies like: Venus Boys, GBF, Love Free Die, Question One, A Jihad for Love, TransGeneration documentary series, She’s A Boy I Knew, Screaming Queens, Paris IS Burning, Southern Comfort, Red Without Blue, and The Geography Club
- Have a discussion after the movie, and talk about what lessons you can take away from having watched it
Create an LGBTQ inclusion curriculum at your school
- Engage in discussions about how you can change content to include LGBTQ communities
- How about new books for your library? Find books that have LGBTQ characters by visiting the Rainbow Link.